What To Expect
We look forward to serving you. If you begin services with The Center for Mental Health, here’s what you can expect:
- We offer Same Day Access for New Clients at our three largest offices in Montrose, Gunnison, and Delta.
- The new client process includes filling out paperwork and meeting with a provider and typically takes about 2 hours.
- Individual therapy appointments will take about an hour
- Group therapy can take up to an hour and a half
- Some services such as psychiatric evaluations have short wait times before an appointment is scheduled
- Payment for services is expected at the time of the appointment.
- We accept various forms of payment including many forms of private insurance and Medicaid.
- We accept various forms of Medicare. However, our current spaces for Medicare-only clients are temporarily full. As soon as we have openings, we will be accepting new Medicare-only clients.
- We offer a sliding fee scale for our uninsured clients to help make care affordable. If you think you might qualify for this option, please call our Revenue Cycle department at 970.252.3200 so we can help you. We usually require 3 months of pay stubs or bank statements OR a letter from your former employer stating you have recently become unemployed OR unemployment insurance documentation.
Please call us at (970) 252-3200 with questions so we can help you get the services you need.
Visit our client paperwork page for forms and more information on what to bring to your appointment.
Commitment to Quality
Our quality improvement team is constantly searching for better ways to provide care. If we ever fail to meet your standard of care or if you feel that your rights have not been respected, we ask that you first attempt to solve the problem by talking to the person involved or by talking to the Regional Director for the clinic in which you are being served. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of these steps, please call us to be connected to our client advocate for assistance.