What To Expect
If you seek services from the Center for Mental Health, here’s what you can expect:
- The required intake process includes filling out paperwork and answering questions
- The intake process takes about two hours
- An individual therapy appointment will take about an hour
- Group therapy can take up to an hour and a half
- Some services such as psychiatric evaluations have short wait times before an appointment is scheduled
- Walk-in hours are available and services are provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
Payment for services is expected at the time of the appointment. The Center offers a sliding fee scale based on income and family size for self-pay clients. We accept Medicaid, Medicare, and most insurances.
Our quality improvement team is constantly searching for better ways to provide care. If we ever fail to meet your standard of care or if you feel that your rights have not been respected, we ask that you first attempt to solve the problem by talking to the person involved or by talking to the Regional Director for the clinic in which you are being served. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of these steps, you can contact the Center’s client advocate for assistance or to file a complaint.