Our Mission: providing opportunities for growth and change that promote health and well-being in our communities.
We value people, excellence, stewardship, innovation, recovery, diversity, and principled and visionary leadership.
In 2015, The Center for Mental Health was recognized by Health Links as a Certified Healthy Business Leader. To become certified, the Center had to demonstrate that we met evidence-based benchmarks in leadership commitment, employee involvement and basic resources dedicated to running worksite wellness and safety activities.
The Center for Mental Health is dedicated to offering employees an exceptional work environment, and offers competitive salary and benefits.
The Center for Mental Health (Midwestern Colorado Mental Health Center) is an approved site for Student Loan Repayment Assistance with the Colorado Health Services Corps and the National Health Services Corps.
Culture of Wellness
Our staff work in a culture of wellness where we intentionally bring out the best in ourselves and others by:
Continuous professional development
- Clinical and professional training
- Licensure supervision
- Management training
- Growth opportunities
- Medical insurance (starting at 30 hours per week)
- Life/ADD (starting at 30 hours per week)
- Paid vacation and holidays (prorated benefit starting at 20 hours per week)
- Smoke free environment (all employees)
- 401(k) retirement match (all employees)
- EAP (all employees)
- Wellness Program (all employees)
For immediate employment consideration
Download application for employment and E-mail your resume, cover letter, and completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax your application package to to 970.252.3208
Mail to PO Box 1208, Montrose, CO 81402
We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply for any of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
Current Job Postings:
- "New" Care Manager/Bilingual - Gunnison
- System Administrator - Montrose
- SUD Outpatient Therapist - Telluride
- Regional Manager - Delta
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner - Montrose/Delta
- Psychiatrist - Montrose
PLEASE SCROLL BELOW FOR DETAILS ON EACH POSITION
Care Manager/Bilingual – Gunnison
This position is part of a multidisciplinary team that provides comprehensive psycho-social services designed to improve or maintain client’s ability to function in the community. Assesses, monitors, and follows up with client’s health, psycho-social, mental health and/or substance use disorder, and functional ability to meet basic needs to move toward recovery.
- Bachelor’s level degree in social work, psychology, health education, or public health required
- Must have a valid Colorado Driver License
- A minimum of 1-year experience in mental health or human services preferred
- Experience working with community organizations as an advocate for high-need individuals preferred
- Case management tracking and documentation experiences or the ability to learn required
- Bilingual/Spanish-speaking/interpreter training preferred
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills a must
- Hiring range: $32,000; commensurate with relevant experience
- Excellent benefits
System Administrator - Montrose
Manages existing Information Technology resources and evaluates future hardware/software/network needs fo the agency. Provides assistance and support for agency staff at all Center locations. May be assigned focus areas within the scope of work.
- Bachelor's degree or IT Certification preferred
- Minimum 5 years professional experience as an IT Administrator
- In-depth technical knowledge of PC operating systems, MS Server 2003-2012, MS-SQL and MS-Exchange
- Experience with implementation and management of Microsoft Office 365
- Working knowledge of Virtual Environments, specifically Microsoft Hyper-V
- Working technical knowledge of DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP
- Experience with installation and support of various distributions of Linux
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of all aspects of LAN and WAN environments including servers, routers, switches, cabling, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of basic mathematics and bookkeeping skills sufficient to provide accurate date for reporting
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills a must
- Hiring range: $52,000 - $62,000; depending upon relevant experience
SUD OUTPATIENT THERAPIST - Telluride
Utilizes a variety of treatment, educational and evaluative approaches to work with a diverse population of clients with substance use disorder issues. This may include services in the jail, DUI classes, Drug Court and other community/grant projects.
- Minimum requirements: Bachelor's degree with CAC II or III or LAC
- Master's degree preferred with or without CAC II
- 1 year post graduate experience preferred
- Colorado State License or license eligible preferred
- Training in conducting mental health status examinations to establish differential diagnosis and treatment plans
- Experience in providing treatment for substance use disorders
- Critical and independent thinking
- Excellent communication, computer and writing skills a must
- Hiring range: $37,000 - $60,000, depending on licensure, certification and relevant experience
REGIONAL MANAGER - Delta
Responsible for administrative and clinical supervision of staff as well as overseeing operations of the office and collaboration of services within the community.
- Collaborates with Clinical Operations Director in recruiting and hiring program personnel
- Provides clinical and administrative supervision to assigned personnel
- Directs practices and objectives that will provide a Mission-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, customer services problem solving and implementing change
- Serves as a positive role model to other Center staff and public
- Documents supervision contacts in the Center' performance management system and conducts annual reviews within scheduled timeframe
- Graduate degree in one of the recognized mental health professions with three (3) years post grad experience and one (1) year administrative experience preferred
- Prior work experience in a community mental health center will be given priority
- Colorado State License eligible
- Must have excellent communication, computer and writing skills
- Starting Salary: $67,000; commensurate with relevant experience
STAFF PSYCHIATRIST/MEDICAL DIRECTOR
Position is a practicing physician who is responsible for the clinical operational effectiveness and quality of care provided by Center physicians and mid-level prescribers. Participates with a multidisciplinary team to provide comprehensive psychiatric services to clients of the Center. Serves in a consulting capacity to Center staff and other health care providers.
- Full-time position: 75% Clinical and 25% Administrative
- Licensed in Colorado
- Proficient with using an electronic health record
- Hours are Monday-Friday, with no additional on-call expectations
- $243,000 - $280,000 (depending on relevant experience)
- PLUS excellent benefits
Please click here for view a complete job description. To apply, please send cover letter and CV to email@example.com. For more information about the position of the Center, please contact Dawn at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970.252.3222.
PSYCHIATRIC ADVANCED NURSE PRACTITIONER: Montrose & Delta Outpatient Offices
Participates with multi-disciplinary team to provide comprehensive psychiatric nursing services to clients of the Center and to serve in consulting capacity to agency staff and other health care providers.
- Masters Degree in Nursing
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Colorado/Advanced Practice Nurse or other Compact state
- Certified Clinical Specialist in Adult Psychiatric and/or Child-Adolescent Specialist and Mental Health Nursing
- Ability to provide services to children and adolescents required
- Prescriptive Authority for Advanced Practice Nurses according to the requirements stipulated by state requirements, maintain Drug Enforcement Agency number, and have experience with drugs relevant to the scope of practice
- Minimum two years psychiatric experience
- Advanced knowledge of the principles of psychiatric nursing
- Ability to travel from site to site, including client's homes
- Conducts diagnostic evaluations for new clients and conducts regular follow-up sessions for enrolled clients
- Consults with other health care providers and collaborates with care managers
- Adheres to Colorado laws and Center policies of confidentiality
- Hire salary range dependent on relevant experience
- PLUS excellent benefits
To view a complete job description, please click here. To apply, send cover letter, resume, and job application to email@example.com
Jobs are open until filled unless otherwise noted. The Center is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law. Employment with the The Center for Mental Health is At-Will. The Center or the employee may terminate the employment relationship at any time, without reason or notice.
Applications are only accepted for open positions. The Center for Mental Health does not hold unsolicited applications for future openings. Successful applicants will be subject to background checks and verification of eligibility to work in the United States through the federal E-Verify system. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V